Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Coast to Coast of the USA...by bicycle!


Hello!

This blog sort of fell by the wayside whilst I was in Colombia, but never fear, it's back for a new adventure!

On the 8th July, I leave Manchester for Los Angeles, where I'm collecting my bike from a friend, to whose house the bike was sent from Colombia. A bit of a complicated and long winded story, but from there, me and Andrew Kenny are setting out to travel all the way across the States on our bikes, to New York! We've given ourselves just over 10 weeks to do it, and our current route has us passing through Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Yellowstone National Park, and then we'll hang a right, and roll into New York some weeks later...hopefully!

We'll be encountering intense heat through the Nevada Desert, some high altitude roads through Yellowstone, and possibly a grizzly bear or two, although I'd rather that not happen. There'll probably also be some McDonalds on the way of course, with a fair few fatties thrown in for good measure who'll probably get in our way. On a more positive note. I'm also hopeful that we will meet some super friendly people, who don't have a clue why we're doing what we're doing, but will no doubt wish us well, and maybe even take pity on us and give us some food or shelter.

I'm doing all this for a reason of course, I'm cycling in aid of Muscular Dystrophy as I have a very good friend who suffers from this degenerative disease. I have a JustGiving page for donations. It's super easy and safe to do, and any donations or any amount are welcome and received gratefully from myself and the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.

I'll try to update this every so often so you can see where we're upto, what we've encountered and how big my calf muscles are getting. I'll try and stick some pics up too! I'm not sure if I can wish myself the best of luck, but I'd like to...we'll probably need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment